Imagine, Create, Produce, Leave

If you're a Scanner the fun ends when the learning ends, and boredom is toxic for you, so you need the kinds of careers we'll be discussing here

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

Imagine, Create, Produce, Leave

Postby newstudio77 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:07 am

I tried to see my self in the role of LTTL, and thought it would be exciting, but each and every time, I couldn't figure out how it fit, or how it can work for me.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Right now I am a freelance writer (scripts, copy) and producer. My goal is to develop non-fiction lifestyle and other programs and sell them to cable and networks. I am currently in Washington DC, so close enough to some major networks, but not quite getting the opportunity. In the mean time, I am freelancing for marketing companies and find consulting work through Creative Placement agencies.

I think the type of Creative Person I am may work like this:

Imagine: a new product, story, solution to a problem, or program
Create: write the script, develop the story, book, series, program...
Produce: produce the product in a studio, on location, with designers, etc.
Leave: have others take over once it has launched, get paid for the work, and also possibly receive a commission on the products.

I would love it if concept development could be my entire job. I also like being a producer, interviewing people and speaking to audiences. I'm wondering if I could build a consulting business around this, while still working towards my goal. I would appreciate any ideas you may have. Thanks.

Paula
newstudio77
New User
New User

Postby RavenWolf » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:12 pm

You & I sound very similar.... I never thought of myself with this 4 word system, but it makes sense.

I have many ideas myself, but do NOT live in an area where I can explore any of them.

Is there any hope for people like us?

And what does LTTL stand for?
RavenWolf

Return to Careers for Scanners