My perfect job

If you're a Scanner the fun ends when the learning ends, and boredom is toxic for you, so you need the kinds of careers we'll be discussing here

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

My perfect job

Postby leigh24 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:36 pm

My perfect job would allow me to go on an archaeological dig on Monday, write and design a cook book on Tuesday, work on a scientific wildlife research project on Wednesday, write my novel on Thursday and work in a child minding centre on Friday. And then the following week attend classes on geology, philosophy and psychology on Monday, write a magazine column on Tuesday, design my rainforest home on Wednesday, volunteer as a scout leader on Thursday and travel to exotic locations on Friday to take photos.

Know anyone who will pay me big dollars to do all that - mmmmm - would be nice.

Leigh
leigh24
New Poster
New Poster

Postby Britta » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi Leigh,

Can you maybe split it up and group it, so it can be two or three jobs or job plus nonpaid work?

It feels like it can be done, I just can't grab it right now.

Britta
Britta
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby cheeryquery » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:18 pm

You could be a free lance writer and/or photographer -- submitting your work to a variety of newspapers and magazines or preparing a book with an underlying theme.
cheeryquery
New Poster
New Poster

Postby SusanH » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:56 am

Leigh,
Reading your post this morning put a big smile of delight on my face. I definitely see a writing theme running through the two weeks you have laid out here. Your short descriptive paragraph of what you would like to be doing certainly has piqued my interest. I love reading novels and even non-fiction that is obviously written by a scanner.
Best to you,
Susan
\"It is never too late to become who we might have been.\" ~ George Eliot

http://www.susanhenderson.com
SusanH
New User
New User

Perfect Jobs

Postby inlinerch » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:54 am

I have often said, \"If I was independently wealthy, the first thing I would do is go on an archaeological dig. I would be afraid to pursue this as a job because I would probably bail on it because I would have to leave so many other things behind that I love to do, but just for a small amount of time I think it would be the dream of a lifetime (contradiction, I know).

I think I have the perfect job for me because, I have so many different responsibilities and my bosses have figured out if I am not extremely busy, I get really bored and don't want to be there, so they keep my loaded up with a variety of tasks.

I have never wanted to be a manager or boss in the workplace because it is too energy consuming, and I would not be able to take off just any time I like, and I would be to tired to do the things I truly want to do with my time, the list is rather endless and some of those things I posted in the topic \"What Type Of Scanner are You\", just in case you are curious. :D
inlinerch
New User
New User

my perfect job

Postby one pulled many ways » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi I posted this already but I think the post itself got distracted. Has anybody checked out Earth Watch for working vacations doing digs or working with endangered species etc? Sue
one pulled many ways
New User
New User

Return to Careers for Scanners