Life coach or information professional?

Scanners shouldn't narrow down their interests, they should do everything. But how? Find out here and add your own experiences and opinions

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

Life coach or information professional?

Postby rainbear » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:58 am

Hi all. I have somewhat of a dilemma. In investigating ways I can earn money with my own business, I have narrowed the options down to life coach and information professional. I'm pretty sure I would want to coach older women who want to go back to school but are unsure about whether they can keep up with the reading and studying, but this is still tentative and I'm working on refining my market. I have almost 20 years experience in nursing, approximately half of that in the mental health field, so the skills are there.

On the other hand, I love finding information so information professional is also a good fit, and I'm currently working on a master's in library and information sciences. I have joined the independent information professionals organization and discovered that most of the work is for business intelligence, which isn't something I'm particularly interested in.

So here's what I am looking for: can any of y'all think of a way to combine these two?
rainbear
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Life coach or information professional?

Postby firepoppy » Sat May 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Perhaps if you were a life coach you could look up information for your clients about suitable courses, future careers, etc.

Also, someone I know who is a student works part time looking up information. There's a phone number here you can send a text message to with a question and they will send you back the answer. He works part time doing that. He looks things up on the internet and sends off his reply. He can chose his hours to fit around his studies and family commitments.
firepoppy
New User
New User

Return to How to Do Everything: Tricks, Tips and Tools