The ultimate things-to-do list...?

Scanners shouldn't narrow down their interests, they should do everything. But how? Find out here and add your own experiences and opinions

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

Re: The ultimate things-to-do list...?

Postby Layla » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:36 am

Hey apple25 - I think you're on the right track there! If I understand it correctly, the Scanner Daybook is indeed a place to put ideas for enjoyment of them in their own right.

You may review the Daybook now and then and maybe choose a particular doable or possibly fun project, and put it on your 'Active Projects' list (even if it's just an 'R&D' research project to see if this project is actually doable. Otherwise it stays in the later/maybe category.. You can customize these - I took this out of GTD.)
The Scanner Daybook is basically one of your 'inboxes' where you capture ideas or possible actions, and later review them...

Excellent ideas here!! I especially like the idea to add categories to the to-do list/s (so far I had 'Next Actions' according to interests, and with only a box to mark it 'done') I've seen the separate charts for difficult or annoying projects where you tick boxes for every 15 minutes or every mini-goal/mark accomplished, and occasionally just drew boxes where I ticked separate phases of a mini-project, to do it systematically (when needed) seems even better!
Layla
New Poster
New Poster

Re:

Postby Britta » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:12 am

Hi there!
I just came across this thread.
in case you haven't moved yet .........
Painted doors are also a great space to use for post-it-project planning
Nukapai wrote:I'll try it out when I next live somewhere that has any (wall)space. (Currently live in a studio with my fiance, our 3 computers, thousands of books and all manner of other...things!).
orientation coach - happiness teacher - success team leader - physician
www.brittahilse.de
Britta
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Re: The ultimate things-to-do list...?

Postby BarbaraSher » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:53 am

And kitchen cupboard doors, and windows!!!!

:-)
BarbaraSher
Site Admin

Previous

Return to How to Do Everything: Tricks, Tips and Tools