Am I a \"Scanner\" or not??

sticky mini-newsletter, questions and answers about Scanners, this site, the bbs, and you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

Am I a \"Scanner\" or not??

Postby RavenWolf » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:40 pm

When reading \"I could do anything...\" I went from thinking I was a scanner, to thinking I was a diver, and then back again!

The reason I'm unsure is because, though I seem to MOSTLY show Scanner characteristics, there are some things that don't fit. Do I have a lot of interests? YES! But, they don't totally fade away when I get interested in something else... At least not every time.

I've ALWAYS had a passion for animals. That hasn't changed. But, my approach to having that as a part of my life has. When I was little, I wanted to be a vet. Later, I wanted to be a racehorse trainer and Jockey. Then I went off to wanting to be an actress, but my passion for horses and other animals was still there. Then, I wanted to be a singer, and had gotten frustrated with how TB racehorses being treated. Then, I got talked into being a counselor, and went to college to do that. Then, my car wreck. After that, I wandered from being a Llama breeder, to a horse breeder.... Then I got 2 Shetland Sheepdogs and actually TRIED to be a dog breeder, which failed. I tried to get my horse bred. That failed. I told my boyfriend at the time I wanted to be a Paranormal Investigator and he nipped that dream in the bud, FAST. I started thinking I should be a writer, but quickly got bored with the fact I could only write a small amount of one story at a time, when I had 10 more in my head! At the same time, I started to study Native American Shamanism, and told members of my drumming circle that that's what I wanted to do.... but I was soon informed I could not do that unless I was Native American by blood. I'd also been learning about Native American horse training at the same time, so I went back to wanting to be a horse trainer.... But, with disabilities and a VERY overprotective mother (even though I was in my 20's)...that did NOT go anywhere, even though I got a horse specifically to train, with the little money I inherited when my grandmother died. I played with the idea of being a psychic... since I do have several psychic abilities (please don't laugh)...
Then, when my best friend was killed, I just kind of shut down for years.
Now... I keep thinking I'm supposed to do something along the lines of Private Investigation, since I've always had an interest in that, and an aptitude for understanding the criminal mind. I've also written for and acted in a web-based movie. I've tried my hand at real estate, even though I don't have a license, and tried to help friends sell their houses. All were failures. I'm extremal good at talking to people, but HATED that kind of work.
In 2003, I was given a digital camera for Christmas.... and got so passionate about taking artistic photos that I thought THAT was what I should do.... but that faded a bit when I remembered the 5 thousand OTHER things I was SO SURE I was meant to do, and didn't.

But, my interests have always been... Animals, Art, Solving Mysteries, Music, Drama. ALWAYS.

So, am I a true Scanner, or a diver with scanner tendencies, since I'll get VERY passionate about a subject and immerse myself in it, until someone kills my enthusiasm in some way.

(hey.... even in school, teachers hated me because of how bad my handwriting was... Even though I tried to explain I just couldn't get down all my thoughts fast enough, and was writing as fast as I could, to keep up.) :roll:
RavenWolf

Postby rielpryn » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:12 am

Two things came to me while reading your post: 1)you're a scanner & 2)stop listening to all those folks telling you, \"you can't...\".

I suggest you pick up \"Refuse to Choose\" & read the section on Cyclical Scanners.

BTW, I am in paranormal investigating. (A friend & I are starting to put together a ghost hunting/investigating group & I recently passed the Field Investigator's test for MUFON.) No, I don't make a living w/ it, but that's not the point, it's something I love (& something I've loved for as long as I can remember).

My constant interests: the paranormal, Japanese, Writing, Photography, & astronomy (other interest interspersed every now & again)

As for writing: join the club. Write the general ideas for each story out in a notebook & work on the details before you start writing the story itself. At least, that's what helps me.

And remember:
\"I don't fail! I succeed at finding what doesn't work!\" Christopher Titus
Riel
\"I reject your reality and substitute my own.\"
rielpryn
New Poster
New Poster

Postby RavenWolf » Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 pm

I've got \"I could do anything...\" I guess I need to pick up \"Refuse..\" as well!
Is that actually the message of \"Refuse...\"? I thought it was just another book, telling me that THAT'S my problem, and to get focused!

I actually saw a UFO at almost 5 AM on the morning of June 7th, which I just reported to NICAP. It's only the 2nd one I've seen in my life.

I guess I'm what you'd call a \"Sensitive\" or an \"Intuitive\" or both. I can *feel* energies in certain places, and with people. I just don't trust what my \"ability\" is telling me... Unfortunately.

I actually got yet another idea for an Infiniti commercial last night and wrote it all down. If I can find someone who's good at splicing together video with flash animation, I can \"see\" the whole thing in my head. If I can get someone to help me, I'm going to record it on my own, try to find out how to copyright it, broadcast it on Youtube, and try to get the Infiniti advertising people to listen to me. LOL

At the same time.... I yearn to do some kind of profiling, investigating, or SOMETHING with people who have what I feel as some kind of \"Dark psychological\" pull to them.

Geeze... I feel so hopeless.....

:shock:
RavenWolf

Postby rielpryn » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:30 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I've got "I could do anything..." I guess I need to pick up "Refuse.." as well!
Is that actually the message of "Refuse..."? I thought it was just another book, telling me that THAT'S my problem, and to get focused!

Get focused? Uh, no. It offers a lot of suggestions on how to do everything you want to do. Suggestions, not rules, not instructions, just help.

RavenWolf wrote:I actually saw a UFO at almost 5 AM on the morning of June 7th, which I just reported to NICAP. It's only the 2nd one I've seen in my life.

Only the second one? I've never seen one. Honestly, I thought NICAP was defunct-I was wrong clearly. I would love to hear about your experience, if you're willing.

RavenWolf wrote:I guess I'm what you'd call a "Sensitive" or an "Intuitive" or both. I can *feel* energies in certain places, and with people. I just don't trust what my "ability" is telling me... Unfortunately.

Cool!

RavenWolf wrote:I actually got yet another idea for an Infiniti commercial last night and wrote it all down. If I can find someone who's good at splicing together video with flash animation, I can "see" the whole thing in my head. If I can get someone to help me, I'm going to record it on my own, try to find out how to copyright it, broadcast it on Youtube, and try to get the Infiniti advertising people to listen to me. LOL

Once again, cool!

RavenWolf wrote:At the same time.... I yearn to do some kind of profiling, investigating, or SOMETHING with people who have what I feel as some kind of "Dark psychological" pull to them.

What do you mean by "dark psychological pull"?
Riel
\"I reject your reality and substitute my own.\"
rielpryn
New Poster
New Poster

Postby RavenWolf » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:44 pm

What do you mean by \"dark psychological pull\"?

It's a long story...and hard to explain, but I've always had some sort of \"radar\" for people with severe psychological problems. I don't just mean crazy jerk boyfriends... I mean...

OK, for example....

There was a guy I was friends with in high school, who became obsessed with me, and ended up trying to kill me more than once, trying to rape me once, stalking me and even getting his mother in on it!

There was a blind date I went out with... ONCE, who freaked me out when he began to \"Channel\" Aleister Crowley!

My best friend was murdered by her husband, and I could FEEL that part in him, waking up.... A kind of cold darkness.

These are just some highlights... I can sense this... I understand it in a lot of ways, and I need some sort of outlet. This feels very important.
RavenWolf

Return to All About Scanners