Passion for all things stationery

sticky mini-newsletter, questions and answers about Scanners, this site, the bbs, and you

Moderators: BarbaraSher, Andrea

Postby DMStauber » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:25 am

My new favorite pen is Pilot Precise Grip extra fine. A really narrow line that doesn't skip! Yum!

Do Mi
Intimate Landscapes in Colored Pencil
http://www.domistauberart.com
Facing the Text: Content and Structure in Book Indexing
http://www.domistauberindexing.com
DMStauber
Experienced Poster
Experienced Poster

Postby Erratica » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:02 am

DMStauber wrote:My new favorite pen is Pilot Precise Grip extra fine. A really narrow line that doesn't skip! Yum!

Do Mi

That looks interesting! I have the Pilot Precis V5 rolling ball (but has a needle tip), but they're not as good for me as the .7mm needle point.

While writing this I went back to pentel.com and found out they have an online store, and ordered my refills! YAY! Got purple ink, too. How cool is that??

Erica
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it's not the end.
Erratica
New Poster
New Poster

Postby forestgirl » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:54 pm

My standard pen in the Uni-Ball Vision, in either black or blue, and usually in the finest tip I can find. It is very smooth and lasts quite a while. No fancy-schmancy grip or anything, though, just a nice, easy-writing pen.
forestgirl
New Poster
New Poster

Postby mamabear » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:07 am

I have a related addiction to art supplies, which includes calligraphy supplies and all manner of fountain pens/ink/notebooks.

My biggest problem, though, is that I tend to hoard and am afraid to use them. This goes especially for the fanciest stuff - I find it much easier to journal in a 99 cent spiral notebook than in my leather-bound French paper one. It's something I'm working on changing.

mamabear
mamabear
New User
New User

Postby Victoria » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:10 am

I used to have the same problem with books and journals I made. They stayed blank, and I wrote/drew on scraps of paper I meant to recycle. The problem was that I was afraid of messing up the pretty stuff by scribbling or crossing out my less than brilliant bits.

Last fall I fell in love with a book on illustrated manuscripts (the big elaborate first letters on pages in medieval books) around the same time I was reading Refuse to Choose. When it came time to do the Scanners' journal, I made the biggest most elaborate book I've ever tried to make, and, I guess since that was its designed purpose, I took a deep breath and started in on those blank pages.

Once I got a few pages filled in, I felt sort of hooked to writing in that book and have had a little less trouble writing in others since. I still grab pieces of scrap paper for notes and quick designs, but more from convenience, and they often get glued into my handmade books.

Perhaps instead of trying to change to the nice journals, one could also decorate the 99 cent versions with stuff glued or stamped on the front or insides. Not only a cool intermediate step, but a possible beautiful end in itself and more personal.
V
Victoria
New User
New User

Previous

Return to All About Scanners